For more than 100 years, Otterbein SeniorLife has been caring for seniors with an emphasis on faith. But what does that mean?
Our residents come from a variety of faith traditions and beliefs, and all are welcome. Faith and spirituality don’t just mean religion here at Otterbein. These tenets drive the way we live and treat others, and they help provide the spark so many people feel on our campuses.
Learn more about our spiritual values and how they shape the way we carry out our mission at Otterbein.
Otterbein’s Spiritual Values
We believe a happy life comes from the fulfillment of nine dimensions, including physical, spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, and vocational.
To help us fulfill those needs for our residents, we’ve lived by a series of values since 1912. They include:
- Respect. We value the older person - and every person - as a child of God.
- Commitment. We believe in the mission of Otterbein with loyalty and passion of purpose.
- Stewardship. We use our time, talent, and treasure prudently with our neighbor in mind
- Community. We work with people and organizations in a spirit of inclusiveness
- Quality. We strive for excellence in all we are and wish to become
- Ministry. We perfect our service through faith, hope, and love
- Wisdom. We appreciate and value that which is borne of life’s experience in all persons
- Health. We promote the holistic well-being of individuals
Spirituality at Otterbein
Respect for human dignity and a sense of mission form what we call the spirit of Otterbein. We take care of all your basic needs, so you’re free to live life the way you want.
Part of living a fully engaged life and becoming the person God calls us to be is through social and educational opportunities. At Otterbein, you’ll find each day is full of these options, including:
- On- and off-campus volunteering
- Prayers, Bible studies, and worship opportunities
- Theatrical and musical performances
- Outdoor recreation
- Fitness classes
- Recreational pursuits like woodworking or crafting
At Otterbein, you’ll never have to worry about home maintenance. And because we’re a continuing care retirement community (CCRC), those who move in as independent living residents can rest assured that their future care is in place if they ever need it.
Visit an Otterbein SeniorLife Community Near You
Find independent and assisted living, skilled nursing, memory care, and more for you or a loved one at Otterbein SeniorLife. Our six CCRC campuses and nine SeniorLife Neighborhoods for skilled nursing and post-acute rehabilitation are scattered throughout Ohio and Indiana, so chances are you’ll find one nearby.
The best way to learn more about Otterbein SeniorLife is to visit one of our locations for yourself. You’ll get a chance to talk with a senior living counselor, see the living accommodations of your choice, learn about our fees, and more.
Schedule your tour today to get a closer look!