It’s a common misconception that older adults in senior living communities spend their time napping or playing bingo all day. In reality, there’s so much more that goes on in their daily lives.
Join us as we explore what a typical day may look like for patio home residents here at Otterbein Pemberville. You may be surprised how many fun and engaging opportunities there are!
Relaxing Mornings on the Patio
The patio homes at Otterbein Pemberville provide wooded views showcasing the natural beauty of the campus. Residents often enjoy a cup of coffee on their private patios as they start the day.
After breakfast in their home, you might discover residents walking on the Woodland Trail. The walking trail can be easily accessed by paths from both Lilac and Rose Courts.
Other popular morning activities include:
- Tending to flowers and vegetables in the community garden
- Fishing in the stocked pond
- Visiting with friends in the gazebos
- Getting a haircut at the on-campus beauty/barber shop
- Volunteer activities, like delivering mail to residents
Engaging Afternoons with Neighbors
When you move to Otterbein Pemberville, you immediately become part of a family of residents and staff. You’ll notice that a designated hospitality committee formally welcomes new residents. Residents will greet new neighbors upon arrival and help them acclimate to life on campus.
Neighbors also organize social gatherings and look out for one another. Residents frequently enjoy activities together but also pursue interests and hobbies on their own. It’s entirely up to each resident how they spend their days.
Residents may enjoy some of the following activities:
- Exercising at the fitness center
- Participating in yoga, cardio drumming, or tai chi classes
- Attending worship services in the chapel
- Checking out books in the library
- Starting new projects in the woodshop
- Watching a movie in the auditorium
- Playing card games or bingo
Dining and Evening Entertainment
While many patio home residents at Otterbein Pemberville have breakfast and lunch in their homes, others enjoy dining in the campus center in the evenings. While there, residents can take advantage of special programs and off-campus excursions.
Evening events often include:
- Enjoying delicious dishes prepared by Chef Reggie
- Playing pool among friends
- Taking the campus shuttle to sports and arts events in nearby Toledo
- Attending a live musical performance in the auditorium
- Biking through campus, enjoying views of meadows, ponds, and woods
Active Lifestyle at Otterbein Pemberville
Perhaps the best part about living here is the freedom and opportunities available to you. With a maintenance-free lifestyle and supportive care when needed, residents can focus more on life-enriching activities and less on household chores.
If you’d like to learn more about life in our community, click the link below to view our living options, see what services we offer, and more.